Far Cry 6 launches on October 7 and shakes up the Far Cry formula in some exciting ways, but with less than a month until players are flying in wingsuits over the stunning landscapes of Yara, burning viviro farms, and giving Chorizo all the pets, it’s time to dive into what’s coming after the game releases. While Season Pass owners get access to three DLC episodes that dive deep into the minds of past Far Cry villains, all Far Cry 6 players will receive consistent post-launch updates and content at no additional charge including crossover missions with Danny Trejo, Rambo, and more.
In the Season Pass, players will step into the minds of three of the series’ most infamous villains – Vaas Montenegro, Pagan Min, and Joseph Seed – in separate DLC episodes that feature Far Cry gunplay mixed with roguelite mechanics. As each villain, you’ll fight to escape the horrors of your own mind starting with nothing but a pistol. You’ll have to find new weapons and acquire power-ups in order to delve deeper into the minds of each character.
Each episode is playable solo or in co-op with a friend, even if they don’t own the Season Pass. The Season Pass is available for standalone purchase for players who own the Standard Edition of Far Cry 6, and is included in the Gold, Ultimate, and Collector Editions. Here’s what it offers:
Three DLC episodes:
- Episode 1: Vaas: Insanity planned for release in November 2021.
- Episode 2: Pagan: Control planned for release in January 2022.
- Episode 3: Joseph: Collapse planned for release in March 2022.
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: On PC, Season Pass holders will receive the original game released in 2013, while console players will receive Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: Classic Edition, remastered for current-gen consoles. (Available on Stadia in 2022.)
The Blood Dragon Set: Includes seven items usable in the Far Cry 6 main game:
- One outfit: Blood Dragon Gear Set
- Two weapons: AJM9 and Kobracon
- One vehicle: Omega Enforcer
- One weapon charm: KillStar
- One Fang for Hire: K-9000
- One vehicle Chibi: Blood Dragon Chibi
In addition to the Season Pass, all Far Cry 6 players will have access to free post-launch content playable solo or in two-player co-op:
- Three crossover missions featuring Danny Trejo, Rambo, and more.
- Weekly Insurgencies: Every week starting from launch – and available after the completion of the main campaign – supporters of Antón Castillo will rise across the island of Yara and pose new threats for players to eliminate. Players will need to track them down and eliminate them to earn some new gear.
- Six Special Operations: Taking place in unique new areas in the world, these operations will introduce new gameplay mechanics as players must snatch highly unstable chemical weapons from Antón’s arms dealers and get to the extraction point before it overheats. The first two locations – Mesozoico and Maceo – will be available at launch and other four maps will launch later.
For all your Far Cry 6 updates, be sure to check out our Far Cry 6 news hub.